I've always held the deep belief that every person on this earth has the capacity to grow.Soraya Verjee, Chief Talent Officer
Our Hiring Process
Our hiring process is focused on identifying the right people to serve our community. We design a process that allows you to shine while ensuring you walk away 100% clear on what our roles will require. Previous candidates have shared their gratitude for the rigor of our process. It has communicated to them how special this team really is.
- Application Screen: Our Talent Team will review your resume and cover letter and ask for additional information we need from you by email.
- First Interview: We want to learn more about you, answer any questions you have about working at CA, and convey a few vital pieces of information to you.
Second Phone Screen, Performance Tasks, and In-Person Visit
- Second Interview: The principal or hiring manager will interview you to learn more about your experience and philosophy.
- Observation and Feedback: To know you as a teacher, we must see you teach. You will teach a lesson, receive feedback from the Principal, and teach a second lesson to incorporate that feedback. For non-teaching roles, the Observation and Feedback stage will typically involve a visit to our schools, a series of short interviews and performance tasks, a feedback session and an opportunity to incorporate that feedback into the tasks completed
Team Interview and References
- Team Interview: We want you to get to know our teachers and your potential coworkers. We also want them to know you. We typically meet with four or five members of our team to share a meal with you.
- References: We use references to more deeply understand your strengths and growth areas. The candor we receive here helps us prepare coaching and development plans tailored to your needs.
We build diverse teams who share our core beliefs.
Sixty-three percent of our teacher force identifies as People of Color. We are committed to ensuring our teams reflect the backgrounds and histories of our students. We are also committed to ensuring our teams reflect the diversity found in our city. We prioritize building diverse teams who can bring their unique strengths, passions and perspectives to create inclusive schools for our students.
We look for individuals who:
- have passion for all students
- make their teams better
- constantly grow themselves
- solve problems and innovate
Introduce us to more great people!
Know someone you think could be a great fit at CA? Click below to refer them — if they are hired, you'll receive a $50 gift card!