- Grades 9-12: White G.W. Carver High School polo shirt with the GWC logo
- Grades 9-12: Orange Honor Roll shirt
- Grades 9-12: Green G.W. Carver High School Reading Millionaire shirt with the GWC logo
- Grades 9-12: Carver t-shirts or college t-shirts
- Grades 10-12: White button-down shirt with Carver logo
- Grade 12: Black G.W. Carver High School button-down with GWC logo
- Grade 9-12: Uniform tops on days of games for Carver athletes and band members
- Polo shirts must be tucked in at all times. Collars must be turned down at all times
Pants & Skirts
- Grades 9-12: Full-length khaki pants
- Grades 9-12: Scholars who identify as female may wear sanctioned plaid pants or plaid skirts. Skirt must be 2 inches above the knee or longer. Solid color tights may be
worn under skirts.
- Pants may have only four pockets. Cell phone/cargo pockets are not permitted, and neither are frays, tears, or holes.
- Pants must be worn at the waist or hip level.
- Pants may not be leggings or joggers
- Pants may not be made of corduroy or denim
- Pants must have belt loops. No drawstrings are allowed
- GWC reserves the right to determine if a scholar’s pants are too tight or too loose. If deemed so, the pants are in violation of the uniform.
- A belt must be worn at all times
- Belts must be worn through belt loops and must keep pants up
- Buckles may not exceed the width of the belt.
Shoes & Socks
- Shoes must cover the toe and heel; no slippers or sandals may be worn.
- If boots are worn, they must be worn under the pant leg
- No steel-toed boots
- Socks and shoelaces may be any color or pattern. They may not display any drug-related or inappropriate language or symbolism. Inappropriate socks must be removed.
- Grades 9-12: green Carver-issued sweatshirt
- Grades 9-12: green cardigan with Carver logo
- Grades 9-12: Carver green and white varsity jacket
- Grades 9-12: Carver Outerwear (i.e. band windbreaker, track sweatshirt, cheer sweater, etc.)
- Grades 9-12: College sweatshirts
- Grades 9-12: Outerwear of one solid color. No additional designs, words, or colors.
- All outerwear must be worn over the Carver polo or other sanctioned school shirt. Scholars without an approved shirt underneath the sweatshirt will be considered out of uniform.
- Unauthorized outerwear may be confiscated upon arrival. Scholars can pick it up before dismissal.
- Sweaters or sweatshirts, including Carver-issued and college sweaters and sweatshirts, cannot have a hood.
- Unauthorized outerwear may be confiscated upon arrival.
- Black, green, or plaid ties are acceptable
- Hats, bandanas, shower caps, du-rags, stocking caps, flexi rods, satin caps (bonnets), and sunglasses are not allowed during the school day. They will be confiscated upon arrival. Should the scholar refuse to remove or turn in these items, parents will be notified immediately.
- Scholars may not clip items to their pants. Any items that dangle from the waist (like wallet chains) are not allowed.
- No visible necklaces
- Bags must be large enough to hold all school materials, including but not limited to books, binders, paper, and supplies.
- Backpacks with bluetooth speakers are not allowed
- The school reserves the right to disallow any large or otherwise inappropriate accessories.
Important Note on Uniform
- Any offensive expressions in a scholar’s attire will not be allowed
- Any exceptions to school dress code based on religious observances must be presented to the Principal.
- Scholars must adhere to policies outlined for dress down occasions as mandated by the occasion.
GWC reserves the right to alter the dress code due to inclement weather
The Carver uniform may be purchased at Logo Express located at:
- Gentilly: 3049 Gentilly Boulevard
- West Bank: 109 Wall Boulevard