ACT Teacher for 2014-2015
We want to become the best teachers we can be. As a team, we share our core values and share our belief in the vision of Collegiate Academies - to prepare all scholars for college success. We are looking for people like us!
Collegiate Academies is looking for an ACT teacher to teach full time ACT prep classes for our junior scholars. An ideal candidate will have strong content knowledge in each of the four test sections and will be highly data driven and growth-oriented. This is a high stakes role - our scholars must hit minimum ACT growth requirements (in order to be eligible for TOPS scholarships) and are preparing their college applications for the following year. Our ACT teacher is entrusted with preparing our scholars to deliver their best possible performance on the ACT.
- Hold high expectations for each student.
- Demonstrate strong teaching skills.
- Collaboratively develop and institute universal student policies within classrooms and throughout the school campus.
- Foster positive rapport and relationships with students.
- Create an enthusiastic and optimistic learning environment.
- Communicate frequently with parents.
- Set and meet measurable goals for students.
- Demonstrate flexibility and creatively embrace the ambiguities of building an organization focused on constant improvement
- Serve on school committees as needed.
- Perform clerical duties, as required, relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
- Remain on call in the evenings to provide student support.
- Desire to work at a college-prep high school rebuilding urban education in the city of New Orleans.
- Desire to grow as a teacher and person.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Deep belief that all students, regardless of their backgrounds and educational pasts, have the potential to succeed in college and beyond, and that it is the responsibility of schools to help students realize that potential.
- Strong knowledge in content area of choice.
Two years teaching experience preferred; urban high school teaching experience highly preferred.
Please answer the following questions in a separate document:
1. Why do you want to work at Collegiate Academies?
2. What will be your greatest strength in this role? What do you anticipate would be your greatest weakness/area of growth?
3. What do you find gives you the most energy on a daily basis in your school-based roles? What do you find drains the most energy?
Email your answer document, resume and cover letter to Michael Koler, Manager of Recruitment and Selection, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter, please explain how you heard about Collegiate Academies and your interest and qualifications in the position. Write your name and the job title in the subject line of the email, in this format: Full Name_Name of Position.